Shade Seedball Mixprice
Add to Favorites
New for Spring 2017 - A tin of 20 seed balls containing a selection of native wildflower seeds for shaded areas.
This mix uses only wildflower species for shaded areas, that are rich in pollen and nectar which pollinators can easily access from spring until late summer.
- Each seed ball is made from a mixture of British wildflower seeds, powdered red clay, compost and red chilli powder.
- Red campion (Silene dioica): a medium to tall perennial with rose pink flowers, height 30 - 100cm, in flower March to November.
- Meadowsweet (Filipendula ulmaria): a tall grassland perennial with clusters of creamy white flowers, height 60 - 90cm, in flower from June to September.
- Bellflower (Campanula trachelium): a medium to tall perennial with beautiful bell-shaped blue flowers, height 50 - 100cm, in flower June to September.
- Forget-me-not (Myosotis arvensis): a short annual with blue-grey and occasional pink flowers, height 10 - 50cm, in flower April to October.
- Oxeye daisy (Leucanthemum vulgare): the largest member of our native daisy family, this tall grassland perennial has distinctive white petal flowers and yellow floret, height 30 - 90cm, flowers seen from May to September.
- Ragged robin (Silene flos-cuculi): Beautiful tall perennial with raggedy red flowers, height 30 - 50cm and in flower from June to July.
- Meadow buttercup (Ranunculus acris): The tallest of our native buttercups, meadow buttercup has distinctive yellow petals and grows to a height of 5 - 100cm, flowering from April to October.
- Each seed ball contains approximately 30 UK wildflower seeds.
This mix is best scattered in the spring or autumn.
RRP £5.99 - Special Offer £4.99 - 3 Tins for £12
500g bag contains roughly 450 seed balls and will cover an area of approximately 25-30 m2 (at least 15-20 seed balls per m2 is recommended).