Oak Box (unstained)species
Add to Favorites
Our natural oak boxes are made from 20mm white American Oak.This wood provides a high degree of protection from the British weather.
- Front joints are dove-tailed for longevity.
- Other joints are held together using Miller Dowels rather than screws, and glued on assembly.
- The roof is pitched at a steep angle to help prevent other birds from perching
- Rain drip channel cut into the lid to prevent water from entering.
- The roof has a long front overhang and is brass hinged at the rear.
Other Design Features The floor is inset slightly and the bottom of the walls tapered. This helps the rain drip from the box rather than being absorbed into the end grain of the wood. It also helps to increase the life of the box.